10/19/2009

Bollywood Workshop

I've just took an intensive this past weekend (Oct. Sat. 17th & Sun. 18th) with Reetu Patel from Move Bollywood.
It was such an amazing experience, for me, a newbie. She finally explained to me what is Bhangra and what is Bollywood! And taught us a choreography.
It was very inspirational, since all the moves are beautiful, and and also fusioned (I am a tribal fusion bdancer). We reaaaally worked out! Lots of jumping, and in a really fast pace! I discover muscles I din't know I had hehehe, my body stil in pain!
The choreo is amazing!!! I'll post a link as soon as she upload the video to her website (as she says).
She was vey happy with how we worked! Yazmina, her students, Carmen from Ensenada and me. And invited 3 of us to join her troupe and participate in Diwali Festival in San Diego this Nov. the 14th. So I'll be dancing there! I'm totally excited about it, and that she liked my work!!
I love taking all the influences I can to enforce my dancing, and this one defintely was GREAT. I am still exahusted, but 150% happy!! Thanks Reetu and Yazmina for working this up!

1 comment: